The Norfolk Library is now open. Our new hours are Monday through Friday 10-5, and Saturday 10-2.
We have implemented all the rules recommended by the State in designing our road map for reopening. For those interested in reading the Guide to Reopen Libraries and the protocols recommended by the State of Connecticut, you can find it HERE.
As Connecticut libraries begin to reopen, the most important consideration is the health and safety of staff and patrons and a strict adherence to guidelines provided by the State. While these rules provide a way for libraries to reopen in as safe a manner as possible, risks to patrons and staff cannot be fully mitigated, and patrons who choose to visit should be aware of potential risks. The State recommends that individuals over the age of 65 or with other health conditions not visit libraries, but stay home and stay safe. We will continue to offer Porch Pick-Up for those who do not wish to come in. Visit HERE to find out more about Porch Pick-Up.
- To allow for one-way foot traffic, our front door will be ENTRANCE ONLY, while the door at the back porch where we currently have Porch Pick Up will be EXIT ONLY, except for those patrons who need to access the ADA ramp to enter the building. If that is the case, please give us a call @860-542-5075.
- Please USE THE BOOK DROP to return material instead of returning it in-person at the circulation desk. Our book drop will be emptied once a day and all returned material quarantined for 72 hours and wiped with disinfectant before being re-circulated.
- FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED. Please USE HAND SANITIZER at the dispenser when you enter. Staff will be wearing face masks as well.
- Please CHECK IN with the circulation desk staff, so we can not only greet you, but be sure to follow capacity limits and monitor use of our two computer stations.
- The Reference Room will be open for computer station use only.
- Computer station use is limited to one 30-minute time slot daily. There are hand sanitizers at all the computers, and staff will wipe down surfaces between use.
- All of our new books will be set out on the tables in the Great Hall allowing patrons to browse while remaining six feet apart. For the time being, those tables will not be available for work/study.
- The staff will be happy to make copies for you and provide bottled water (our water fountain will be closed) should you need it. Our restroom will also be closed, except for emergency use.
- While we are fortunate to have a lot of space in our building to allow for social distancing, the Children’s Room can be tight quarters, so we will have to restrict use to ONE FAMILY AT A TIME, and toys have been removed. Children over the age of 2 should wear face masks. We have a supply, and you are welcome to take one.
As always, online resources such as ebooks, e-audiobooks, e-magazines, movies, music, and online learning are also available 24/7 HERE.
Please call the Library at 860-542-5075 ext. 2 (circulation desk) if you need help accessing our online resources or have trouble using your library card. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although we have had to cancel all of our in-house programs, we are now offering virtual programs, including Mark Scarbrough’s Book Group. Please subscribe to our weekly e-newsletter HERE for up-to-date information about our virtual programs.
Visit our Health Resources Page for more information about COVID-19. Please follow the CDC guidelines in order to help keep you and your family safe and healthy. Thank you for your patience as we navigate this challenging time!