Dewey Delights Book Chat
Time: 10:30 am-12:00 pm
Join our nonfiction book challenge, and read one book from each of the Dewey Decimal sections each month. In April, in anticipation of being able to travel safely again, we’d love to hear about your favorite books in the Dewey 900s, a broad category encompassing history, geography, and travel guides. Whose remarkable journeys did you find inspirational? What is your dream destination? See if you can find and share with us your own Dewey Delights! Please register here to be emailed the Zoom link the day before the program.
- Lands of Lost Borders: A Journey on the Silk Road by Kate Harris
- At the Mercy of the River: An Exploration of the Last African Wilderness by Peter Stark
- A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson (Appalachian Trail)
- The New York Nobody Knows: Walking 6000 Miles in the City by William Helmreich
- The Outer Beach by Robert Finch (Cape Cod)
- Atlantic by Simon Winchester
- The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson (black migration to the North)
- World Walk by Steven M. Newman
- Blue Highways: A Journey into America by William Least Heat Moon
- Endurance: A Year in Space, a Lifetime of Discovery by Scott Kelly
- The Art of Travel by Alain de Botton
- Complete National Parks of the US
- 111 Museums in New York by Wendy Lubovich
- 1000 Places to See Before You Die
- Naked Airport: A Cultural History of the Word’s Most Revolutionary Structure by Alastair Gordon
- Frommer’s, Fodor’s, Lonely Planet, or Rick Steves travel guides for your dream destination.
Registration is closed for this event.